Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Vale

I wish I could do a tour of dancing around the world.

Last night my parents and I saw a Flamenco show. It was absolutely amazing. I took some pictures but I was so stunned and impressed by the performance that I took a lot less than I usually would. It was a great way to end our last night in Madrid.

Which means, I suppose, that I should bring you up to speed. My parents and I spent the last 6 days together. I met them in Paris, then we traveled to Madrid. It was a short time together but it was really really great to see and spend time with them. We saw all the highlights in each city, which I won´t detail since I´m sure you know what those are (well, except maybe Madrid, cause we didn´t even know what there was to see and were pleasantly surprised. But anyway, you´ll see pictures when I post them at the end of the month).

Comparing those two cities, I was surprised to find that I like Paris better. I´ve heard so many differing opinions on Paris that I was almost sure I wouldn´t like it. People seemed to fall into two camps- those that fell in love with the city of love and those that despise it. I didnt spend enough time there to say I fell in love, but I could see that possibility. Madrid is nice of course, but I just didn´t get the "I could live here" feeling that I always do when I really like a city. I could live in Paris.

Now, on to the misadventures. First, I was temporarily out of contact with the world for a while. Why you ask? A.) The hotel in Paris had no internet and the one in Madrid was really expensive and B.) Not only did I run out of credits on my phone the first day out on my trip, but it turned off on the plane ride from Paris to Madrid, and I didn´t know my PIN code. So I tried 3 times and it locked me out. I have now purchased a new Spanish SIM card, which will be trashed upon my return to Vienna. So, problem solved for now.

Second, a bird pooped on me. Which in some cultures is good luck right?! (please!) Anyway, it ruined a good nap in el Parque de Buen Retiro in Madrid. I was sad. And a little grossed out.

Anyway, since my railpass, a few minor details have changed in my schedule. Here´s the new info:

April 9-12: Lisbon
April 12-15: Faro/Lagos
April 16-20: Barcelona
April 20-24: Nice
April 24-26: Milan
April 26: Return to Vienna

Not much as changed, but the fact that I´m coming back to Vienna a couple days earlier.

Tonight I leave for Lisbon on a hotel train, which should be an interesting experience. Until next time, ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment