Saturday, April 25, 2009

The Mediterranean Blues

I am now on the last day of my trip, although it hasnt been much of a day at all. I leave tomorrow morning at 6am for Bratislava, then hop a bus to Vienna, then I can sleep my life away. Im looking so forward to it.

Dont get me wrong, my trip was absolutely wonderful, but I am just tired. I am not the Australian backpacker that goes for a year or more at a time and around the world (seriously, they all do). I dont know how they do it. Ive gone 3 and 1/2 weeks now and frankly Im exhausted. But it was worth it.

I got a little bit of everything- cities, beaches, partying, relaxing. Food, sun, wine, dance. Friends, alone-time, family, strangers.

Barcelona and Nice were both really great cities. Barcelona was rather better than Madrid. I got to see some old friends and some new ones from Vienna. I listened to some of the best street bands I had ever heard, and spent an afternoon in Gaudis fantasy world. Nice was nice in a different way, not something that can really compared to Paris. The water on the beach was almost 5 different shades of blue and the rock beach, although uncomfortable, had its own beauty. I explored the Cote d Azur through Antibes and Monaco, both amazing places. Monaco with its sheer wealth- streets lined with Lambourginis and Ferraris and harbors filled with yachts. Antibes with its sandy beach and cobblestone streets. I am even surprised to find I am coming back with a tan. =)

Now, I end my trip with a lovely stay in the airport. See you in Vienna!

No comments:

Post a Comment